Monday, 16 July 2012

Secret Birthday Cookie Box

Yeeeeah. Birthdays. When I hear it's someones birthday all I can think of is the fact that I now have an excuse to bake! WOOP. 


Last minute present? Cookies.


Elegant surprise? A beautiful cake decorated with piped icing.


Girly sleepover party? A big plate of brownies for the group to gorge.


My dad doesn't really believe in birthdays. So he always forgets his and hence we tend to forget it to. :S


Luckily I only found out a day late this year so I was able to whip up one of his favourite treats in time for birthday lunch with granny.


Coconut Macaroons. There is just something about Coconut Macaroons. I can't explain it.


My dad says he spent his first day of wages on a liter of milk and 2 packets of coconut macaroons. Needless to say he had a bit of a feast.


ps. No tables were harmed with glue during the process of making this box... Shhh...


Coconut Macaroons


Ingredients:
  • 250g shredded coconut
  • 30g ground almonds
  • 4 eggs
  • 50g buckwheat flour
  • 15g stevia
  • 75g xylitol
  • 1tsp cream of tarter
  • pinch of salt
  • tsp vanilla essence

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.

2.  Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and mix them into the dry ingredients.

3. Grease a tray and shape the mixture into rounds on the tray.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the center of the oven until lightly brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment