Sunday, 17 June 2012

Cream of the Crop


I recently made a very exciting purchase…


Drum roll….



I bought an ice-cream maker! Yeah baby!



So far I’ve only used it twice due to the miserable weather. But I swear it was soooooo worth the dough we splashed out on it. Especially with the price of ice cream these days. 7 euro for a tub of Ben and Jerry’s. And if you choose a healthier indulgence a tub of Booja Booja raw cashew ice cream will cost you a whooping 9.50. You could probably make your own for half the price!



I’ve gone down the frozen yogurt route both times seeing as it’s so cheap (I get organic tubs of yogurt for 1 euro in Lidl) and easy. This recipe is the first flavor I made and it is beautiful. I was inspired by a homemade facemask my friend Nina and I made the day before hand from yogurt, honey and banana. It was so good I wanted to eat it instead of putting it on my face….



The walnuts were inspired by the Ben and Jerry’s flavor ‘’Funky Monkey’’. Walnuts and bananas are just meant to be together!



If you don’t have an ice-cream maker but you have a high power blender you can blend the ingredients, freeze them and blend them again to get that creamy consistency.



If you are using an ice cream maker make sure your bowl is frozen the night before hand otherwise your ice cream will end up being a milkshake. (Not that I have a problem with milkshakes!).


Walnut, banana and honey frozen yogurt.
 

Ingredients:

  • 250ml natural yogurt
  • 1 packet stevia
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 handfuls walnuts
  • 1 mashed banana
  • Optional: Drop of vanilla essence


11. Mix the honey with the yogurt, banana, vanilla and stevia together. Stir in the walnuts.

  2. Pour the mixture into the ice-cream maker and freeze for 20-30 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment