Pancakes. Nothing screams it's the weekend more than pancakes. Pancakes mean sticky messy fingers for lickin' . Pancakes turn you back into a kid when life's getting heavy. A good pancake recipe is essential.
This is a pancake recipe that is quick and simple. Nutritious and filling but they won't leave you rolling out of your chair. Even after
a couple four or five. Seriously... it's pancakes. Who stops at two?
I use a blend of buckwheat and spelt flour to create a pancake thats smooth but not too buckwheaty. A bit of vanilla and cinammon to add some pizzazzzzz. They're quiet similar to french crepes.
I made mine up with yogurt, local honey, berries, banana, walnuts and almonds. But you can go with your favourite toppings. This recipe is just a simple base.
If you make these the night before you couple roll them up with peanut butter and banana and have them as breakfast on the go :) I'm such a fan of breakfast a la bus and extra time lying in. I've been on a big pancake kick this week because work experience was so tiring I needed the extra sleep.
Basic Buckwheat Spelt Pancakes.
Makes 4-5 pancakes.
Cook time 15 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil spray
1. Mix flour and eggs. Add vanilla, baking powder and cinammon. Then add soya milk slowly.
2. Heat a large frying pan and spray with oil. Pour the batter on the pan and cook until the edges of the pancake lift from the pan. Flip and cook on the other side for a few seconds.