Sunday, 4 March 2012

Start the day with a 'tang'.

This little concoction has been floating my brain for a while now... I was just waiting for the morning where I really felt like it. Today was the right morning cause I needed a bit of pre run fuel but I wasn't particularily hungry so I didn't fancy much solid stuff.

Truth be told I was just so bored of the usual banana, orangejuice and berry smoothie combo. The beauty of a smoothie is that you can combined so many different ingredients to create unique new flavours. This smoothie is very tangy and not for the fainthearted. If you have a sweet tooth I would prescribe a couple of extra handfuls of grapes or a bit of agave.
 Creamy is not a word one usually associates with grapefruits. It was quiet unusual to taste these flavours together. I liked the creaminess and appreciated the protein element that the soya milk brought but I thought the smoothie would have been much more beautifully fresh if I had used coconut water as the liquid. Still, there are no regrets and thats an adventure for another day!
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup soya milk/ coconut water.
  • 3 tbsp red grapes 
  • 3 tbsp blueberries
  • 1 sweet grapefruit
Just blend the lot til smooth and enjoy with a handful of almonds for a filling breakfast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment