Saturday, 24 March 2012

Smokey Roast Tomato, Parsley and Almond Pesto.

Be still my heart.



Pesto. Where do I even begin. Pesto was and is the staple food of my house. The fresh, garlicy flavour is the taste of my childhood. Forget pizza night. We had pesto night. But as I got older and my tastebuds matured I began to stray from the classic basil and parmesan version. Today my pesto reptoir includes coconut coriander, rocket and almond, feta and kale.... Not to mention countless other variations.



This pesto has a rich tomato flavour which is elevated by smokey paprika tones, sweet nutty almonds, fresh parsley and cheesy nutritional yeast.



Smother over toasted bread, dunk in brocilli florets, stir through spelt pasta or use it to add a sparkle to salad. This pesto will bring a smile to anyones face.



The juicey tomatoes allow for a lower oil content so feel free to just eat this by the spoon.



Lets just say... I'm smitten. :)
I've also made my way through 3 heads of brocilli today. Nom nom nom.



Ingredients:



  • 225g cherry tomatoes
  • 1 cup parsley
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup toasted almonds
  • 2 fat garlic cloves
  • 1 tablespoon tamari
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika


1. Roast the cherry tomatoes til they burst and the juice flows out.

2. Blend all the ingredients together til smooth.

3. Smother on everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment