Thursday, 22 March 2012

Happiness in a Ramkin

I have discovered the secret to instant happiness (and vegan baking!). Number one.... is this instant chocolate lava cake. And number two....... drumroll.......


Is soya yogurt!!
 Personally, I was never really a big fan. I was happy with vegan milk, chocolate and other such things but never yogurt or cheese. Soya yogurt never seemed to have that much loved twang that dairy yogurt has. Well I've discovered the solution to that problem. The problem isn't actually with soya yogurt itself but with the brands on the market. They simply haven't been fermented enough. So I just buy my soya yogurt a week before I want to eat it and if its still not tangy enough for my taste I add a splash of lemon. As for cheese.... I'll post a solution to that soon ;).



It seems the entire health blogging community is obsessed with applesauce in baking. I just can't get my head around it. I think it leaves an awkward aftertaste... almost like too much baking powder. I love mashed banana in baking though. I had a brainwave the other day to use soya yogurt in baking. Sure if you can use tofu why not soya yogurt?? So I tossed together this baby.




Molten chocolate lava cake. 15 minutes from craving to spoon. The recipe for instant happiness. Instant gluten free, high protein, vegan happiness.


This a dense, moussey cake however if you want a dryer, fluffier cake you can add more flour. The rasberries and hazelnuts work beautifully with the rich chocolate. Don't leave out the square of dark chocolate! It melts in the middle to give it the molten effect.


Ingredients: (serves one)
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter 
  • 1.5 tbsp coconut palm sugar 
  • 2.5 tbsp soya yogurt
  • 1 tbsp cocoa
  • 1 tbsp millet flour
  • pinch of baking powder
  • pinch of baking soda
  • 1 square dark chocolate
add ins
  • 5 frozen rasberries
  • 10 toasted hazelnuts
Instructions:

1. Mix all the ingredients except the rasberries, hazelnuts and chocolate in a ramkin.

2. Push the square of chocolate into the middle of the mix.

3. Top with rasberries and hazelnuts.

4. Cook in the oven at 180 for 10 minutes.

5. Yum. Slurp.

Experiment with different nut butters, sweetners and add ins to find your favourite combination. I used cherry soya yogurt in my first one and it was lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment