Cranberry Pecan Cookies
First blog post ever... Wow. Super exciting :) I have been meaning to make a blog for months now having been inspired by all the amazing healthy living blogs such as Peachy Palate and Chocolate Covered Katie. It just took a little kick up the ass from my friend George to find the initiative to actually make one. But anyway, down to business.
These cookies are adapted from Oh She Glows. They are without a doubt the most amazing cookies I have ever baked... They're the kind of thing you can't turn your back on because they'll be gone if you look away for a second!
They're crunchy and crumbly, buttery and just the right amount of sweet. The pecans, cinammon and cranberries make you feel warm and christmassy (yeah I know its a bit out of season). Oh and did I mention they're vegan and wheat free??
I have big plans for variations!
So without further ado I present to you my very first blog recipe:
- 8 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar (brown)
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and water. Set aside.
2. Beat the coconut oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract.
3. Blend the cashews and oats until they reach the consistency of flour.
4. Beat in the dry ingredients and fold in the pecans and cranberries.
5. Spoon the dough into 12 balls on the tray.The dough will be very sticky but don’t worry! No need to flatten the balls down! Bake for about 10-11 minutes until slightly golden along edges. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
Happy Munching Folks. =]