Lady Mac Beth's Cookies
When I posted the pictures of my Cranberry Pecan Cookies on facebook to check the photography was up to scratch I had a great response. My cousin Meave even asked me to bake her a batch. Of course I saw this as a perfect opportunity to try out some shnazzay variations ;)
Maeve is acting as Lady Mac Beth in the Helix. I saw her on Thursday night and she was absolutely great. You could feel her anxiety in the air.
So anyway... after setting my grey matter brainstorming I came out with these babies.
Coconut, hazelnut cookies dipped in dark chocolate...
Makes you want to reach into the screen and grab one, right?
Without further ado, heres the recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and water. Set aside.
2. Beat the coconut oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract.
3. Blend the almonds and oats until they reach the consistency of flour.
4. Beat in the dry ingredients and fold in the hazelnuts
5. Spoon the dough into 9 balls on the tray and flatten then down. Bake for about 10-11 minutes until slightly golden along edges. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
6. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl above a pan of hot water. Dip the cooled cookies in on one side. Sprinkle with coconut and leave to cool.
Make sure to enjoy the leftover chocolate as a sneaky fondue... :)